We offer the following home insurance options:
- Dwelling – Coverage for your house itself
- Other Structures – Coverage for any detached structures
- Personal Property – Coverage for the contents in your house (sub-limits apply to certain types of personal property)
- Loan of Use – Coverage for additional living expenses while your home is being rebuilt
- Personal Liability – Coverage if you are found liable for damages to another person’s property or bodily injury
- Medical Payments – Initial coverage if someone gets injured on your property
- Valuable Items – Coverage for jewelry or fine arts beyond what is covered on the standard home policy
- Water Backup – Coverage if there is a backup of a sewer or overflow of a sump pump
- Additional coverages such as earthquake, food spoilage, etc. are available
Why Carry Home Insurance?
Your mortgage company requires you to. If you don’t have a mortgage in Connecticut, you might want to carry coverage in the event your house is damaged or destroyed or if someone gets hurt on your property.
What if I Have a High-Value Home?
If you have a high-value home, a standard home insurance policy might not suffice. And you may be interested in some of the additional coverages that accompany an elite policy. Additionally, some companies do not have an appetite to insure properties with higher than average replacement costs.
Fortunately, Olde Liberty has access to more than one high-end carrier that operates in state of Connecticut.
What if I Need to Insure a Vacant Home?
If you have a vacant property that needs coverage, Olde Liberty can help. While most standard companies will not insure vacant properties, we have access to multiple markets that will.
What Limits of Home Insurance Liability Should I Carry?
Again, everyone’s individual situation is different and therefore coverage recommendations will vary. Traditionally, you want to make sure that if your house was a total loss, that your policy would rebuild you another home with like kind and quality. With regards to the deductible, the higher the deductible, the lower the premium.
Contact Olde Liberty Insurance today for a comprehensive insurance review and a no-obligation, customized quote from some of the most reputable carriers in the state of Connecticut.