Like a personal auto insurance policy, commercial auto generally offers:
- Bodily Injury Liability – Covers injuries to others caused by the policyholder while operating an automobile
- Property Damage Liability – Covers damages caused to someone else’s property by the policyholder while operating an automobile
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage – Covers medical treatment of the policyholder’s injuries in the event of a collision with an uninsured or underinsured driver.
- Medical – Covers treatment of the driver and passengers of the policyholder’s car, in the event of an accident, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive – protection for the policyholder’s car from damage and loss resulting from incidents other than collision (e.g., fire, theft, vandalism, hitting animal, etc.).
- Collision – Insures the policyholder from loss during a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Rental Reimbursement – Provides a rental vehicle while an insured’s vehicle is in the shop for a covered comprehensive or collision claim.
- Towing & Labor – Provides towing and basic labor coverage if an insured’s car breaks down, needs a jump, won’t start, runs out of gas, gets its keys locked inside, etc.
These policies may cover a variety of operations, including trucking, garaging, public and private transport, etc. Coverage is flexible and may be purchased as a separate policy or as part of a package of coverage that may also protect buildings and business property in Connecticut.
Whether you deliver potato chips, are involved in mobile detailing, or you deliver home heating oil, if you have a vehicle that’s registered to your Connecticut business, you need a commercial auto insurance policy.
Contact Olde Liberty Insurance today for a comprehensive insurance review and a no-obligation, customized quote from some of the most reputable carriers in the state of Connecticut.