We offer the following auto insurance options:
- Bodily Injury Liability – Covers injuries to others caused by the policyholder while operating an automobile
- Property Damage Liability – Covers damages caused to someone else’s property by the policyholder while operating an automobile
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage – Covers medical treatment of the policyholder’s injuries in the event of a collision with an uninsured or underinsured driver.
- Medical – Covers treatment of the driver and passengers of the policyholder’s car, in the event of an accident, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive – protection for the policyholder’s car from damage and loss resulting from incidents other than collision (e.g., fire, theft, vandalism, hitting animal, etc.).
- Collision – Insures the policyholder from loss during a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Rental Reimbursement – Provides a rental vehicle while an insured’s vehicle is in the shop for a covered comprehensive or collision claim.
- Towing & Labor – Provides towing and basic labor coverage if an insured’s car breaks down, needs a jump, won’t start, runs out of gas, gets its keys locked inside, etc.
Why Carry Auto Insurance?
It’s the law. Like most states, the State of Connecticut requires vehicle operators to maintain a minimum limit of liability insurance in order to travel on its roads. Protect your assets.
If you cause an accident, you may become liable for another person’s bodily injury and/or property damage. Without auto insurance, a judge could require you to forfeit assets to pay for the damages – including your house – and/or garnish your wages until you have paid.
If you are caught driving without car insurance, even if you’re not involved in an accident, you may have to pay a large fine, have your registration/license suspended, and/or have your car impounded.
What Limits of Auto Insurance Liability Should I Carry?
Everyone’s individual situation is different and, therefore, coverage recommendations will vary. Erring on the side of caution is prudent. You don’t want to lose your assets or have your wages garnished.
Contact Olde Liberty Insurance today for a comprehensive insurance review and a no-obligation, customized quote from some of the most reputable carriers in the state of Connecticut.