Today’s edition of Insurance Straight Talk is for those who want the insurance process to go as smooth as possible.
- Be upfront with your agent and your insurance company
- Call your agent when anything changes (e.g., name change, marital status change, address change, new addition to the household, someone gets a driver’s license, you get woodstove, install a pool, get a new dog, or make improvements to your home > $5,000)
- Monitor your credit score for inaccuracies
- Drive carefully and obey all traffic laws
- Notify your agent immediately when and accident or injury occurs, take pictures, and take detailed notes when having conversations with agent, claims personnel, etc.
- Take pictures and/or keep lists of your personal property (it might be very useful in the event of a claim)
- Call your agent if you have any questions or think there’s a possibility that the insurance company might want to know something
- Hide or withhold anything from your agent or carrier (it could be a crime and/or coverage could be denied for material misrepresentation)
- Be careless behind the wheel
- Leave your keys in the car, your house unlocked, or a fire/candle burning unattended
- Sign a release or waiver until you’ve consulted with counsel
- Forget your insurance policy is a contract and BOTH parties have contractual obligations
Contact Olde Liberty Insurance today to discuss your Connecticut insurance needs. We can have a call or sit down face to face and discuss your needs and tailor a no-obligation, customized quote for those specific needs. And with access to some of the most reputable carriers in the business, we’ll find you the best option you’re your situation.